Responsible travel has always been, and always will be, one of our core brand values. At the start of 2020 we joined the ever-increasing movement of travel companies making efforts to raise awareness of climate change and we committed to the following Climate Emergency Plan to significantly reduce our carbon emissions:
- Measure the carbon footprint of our journeys and share this with customers via a carbon label stating the carbon footprint of each adventure per person, enabling our guests to make an informed purchase decisión.
- Continue to develop and evolve our journeys to reduce their already very low carbon impact even further.
- Work closely with organizations in order to sponsor and participate in seeding-trees campaigns at least twice a year.
- Promote and participate in river, woods and trails cleaning activities looking for preserve and maintain not only historical sites but also the surrounding enviroment.
- Incorporate public transport into our new adventures, in particular focusing on train journeys, to reduce the reliance on cars and private buses.
- Develop new adventure journeys that rely solely on biking, hiking, kayaking etc that require no additional vehicle support, to provide guests with the option of ultra low carbon adventures.
- Continue to operate a carbon offset scheme for every guest that travels with us, creating new native woodlands across our lovely country.
SUSTAINABLE WORK OFFICE
- Utilize technology to facilitate team meetings and external meetings via conference call at every possible opportunity to reduce the need for physical travel.
- Continue to operate a remote working policy, allowing staff to work from home offices and therefore avoiding carbon emissions caused by daily commuting.
- Utilizing recycling papers and trying to minimize the usage of printing materials only when it’s necessary.
ENCOURAGE LIKE-MINDED PARTNERS
- Work closely with partners to encourage further adoption of alternatives to single-use plastics.
- Work closely with partners to encourage further adoption of locally-sourced products and produce to reduce the carbon footprint of their supply chain.
We will continue to evolve this plan as we grown and as new information on climate change is made available. We will ensure we always make the best choices we are able to where we have direct influence over carbon impact. And influence others to make better choices where we do not have direct control ourselves.